Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Parada Del Sol Scottsdale Rodeo 11 March 2018

Sunday in the middle of March is time for the Parada Del Sol or Scottsdale Rodeo.  And once again, Westworld was host.  It’s an indoor arena with tricky lighting.  

I brought my second camera, the Canon G3x.  I got some wind from the rodeo people that they might stop me from bringing in my full size Canon 5D Mark IV.  Security could care less what I brought in.  What that ended up meaning was photos with higher grain.  Plus the G3x is a slower camera.  



Patriotism is a big part of rodeos.  That's good.  I love it.  


Bareback riding...





The ladies compete in barrel racing...




And the final event in every rodeo is eight seconds of hell, or bull riding.  







I also photographed steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, and tie down roping.  Mark Swingler was the rodeo clown. And, we were also entertained by Whiplash The Cowboy Monkey.  

Given the limitations of an indoor arena for lighting and the limitations of the camera I used, I took more time in post processing, but I still got a decent number of photos.  

Until My Next Adventure,
(Cave Creek Rodeo!)
See You On Down the Road!




… and all the photos!

1 comment:

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.