Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Cave Creek Rodeo Sunday 25 March 2018



 One of the finest small PRCA sanctioned rodeos in North America is the Cave Creek Rodeo in Arizona.  I was again there taking photos, this time from the Stockman's Club.

This rodeo might be the most fan friendly and camera friendly rodeo in all of North America.  Sadly, so many of the rodeos and other events as well are limiting "professional" cameras, or cameras that have detachable lenses.  I think they want to stop people from bringing in oversized 150-160mm lenses that looks more like weapons.  I still don't like it.  And the other trend is to require clear plastic bags.  I have no idea how much longer the Cave Creek Rodeo will be so fan and photographer friendly, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. 

Rodeos have bareback riding, roping, clowns, barrel racing, and of course the headliner is always bull riding.  Eight seconds of hell, if a cowboy lasts that long.  My second favorite event is the ladies barrel racing. 

Until My Next Adventure,
See You On Down the Road!


… and all the photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.