Monday, May 6, 2019

Turf Paradise End of Season Racing 5 May 2019

5 May 2019, or Cinco de Mayo, was the last race day of the season at Turf Paradise in Phoenix.  

I thought I'd stop by and take in a few races.  

Unless you have permission to get inside the track to photograph, it is very difficult to get a good angle at track level.  The track is actually a few feet higher than where fans can stand, so that means having to shoot through rails.  

Over the years, I found the best place to capture racing images is from the top deck of the stadium, looking down.  

I used a Canon 70-200mm lens on a Canon EOS R camera body.  NOT the best lens for this kind of photography!  I have a Tamron 100-400mm lens, similar to the Canon lens I used at Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington, Kentucky last week.  

My entire photography portfolio is on SmugMug.  And, here's my Instagram feed.


Until My Next Adventure,

See You On Down the Road,

Jim Patterson

Here's a slideshow of all of my photos.... ENJOY!



I took four of the photos and applied some selective colorization...









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.