Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Japanese Friendship Garden "Illumination 2020"

The Japanese Friendship Garden in downtown Phoenix opened its gates at night to what they called "Illumination 2020.".   The pathways and lake were lit with colored lights, giving off a surreal feeling.   

It was so very dark!   I had to walk gingerly because the footpath was so hard to see.   

I recently purchased the Canon EOS R6 and was anxious to test it out in extremely low light conditions.  My lens was the Tamron 24-70mm.   All images were captured with the lens fully open to f/2.8.   I put the camera in AUTO ISO, knowing full well I might have some grain in the photos.   Everything was hand held.   

Post processing was done in Lightroom.   

I do believe I'll do some additional low light photography in my own neighborhood as there are some lovely Christmas lights out!

Until My Next Adventure,

See you on down the road,

Jim Patterson


.... and all of the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.