Monday, November 11, 2013

Hoop Dancers Visit PVCC

Paradise Valley Community College played host to six time hoop dance champion Derrick Suwaima Davis and company on Thursday 7 November 2013.  

Suwaima, who represents the Hopi and Choctaw Nations, started and directs his inter-tribal dance group, The Living Traditions Dance Troupe.  

He also serves as artistic director and choreographer for Native Trails presented by Fort McDowell Yavapi Nation and produced by the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts.  

I photographed their visit with my Canon 5D Mark III and Canon 600EX-RT (hand held) for fill flash. I edited photos using Lightroom 5.

Jim Patterson

Here are all of my photos from the hoop dancers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.