Friday, July 23, 2021

Arizona Downs Horse Racing in Prescott Arizona

I've photographed horse racing mostly at Turf Paradise in Phoenix.   I've also captured images at Keeneland in Lexington, Kentucky.   But I never photographed at Arizona Downs until Wednesday 21 July 2021.

First things first.   Arizona Downs is beautiful.   Very modern building.   Not the best days for racing.  Their schedule this year only has racing Tuesday and Wednesday.   Imagine the crowds if they were racing on Saturday and Sunday.


Message to Turf Paradise: Look at how beautiful Arizona Downs is.   

I hope to come back and spend more time.   One thing I'd do differently is bring my 24-70mm lens.   I had the Tamron 100-400mm lens and I didn't need that kind of reach.   You are very close to the action at Arizona Downs.   

I capture images on a Canon EOS R6 and on this day used the Tamron 100-400.  Post processing in Lightroom mostly.   I also used PureRAW, Topaz, and Luminar.



Until My Next Adventure,

See you on down the road,

Jim Patterson


Click the photo below for all of my images from Arizona Downs!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.