Sunday, February 9, 2020

Buddy Jewell at Watson's Hat Shop in Cave Creek





Buddy Jewell, country music star and winner of Nashville Star in 2003 appeared at Watson’s Hat Shop in Cave Creek, Arizona Saturday 8 February 2002.   


This was a benefit for America’s Mighty Warriors, headquartered in Surprise, Arizona.  Debbie Lee heads the organization dedicated to helping veterans.   Her son Marc Lee was the first Navy SEAL killed in action in Iraq.   

Buddy has had an up and down career since winning on Nashville Star, beating out Miranda Lambert, who finished in third place that year.   

Buddy reminds me why I like country music so much and why I love photographing country artists.   They are nice people.   Buddy was so gracious at the meet and greet.   After a short chat, he seemed like an old pal.   And the country audiences, they’re nice too.   

I kept thinking… dang, where do I know that guy from?   Then he played some music and I thought where do I know that song from?  

In addition to being a great song stylist, he also carried on some banter between tunes, talking about how the Jewells and Cash family, as in Johnny Cash, grew up together in a little town in Arkansas.   

Here’s a sample of a patriotic song Buddy sang at the event.   And, he also performed a song about Willie giving up weed!

And the good news is Buddy will be back next year to do another benefit for America’s Mighty Warriors.   

Until My Next Adventure,

See You on Down the Road,


Here's a slideshow of all of my photos.... ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.