Monday, July 17, 2017

My New Canon 50mm Lens Shooting in a Club


Starting from Country Thunder, I’ve photographed Tom Wagner and his band several times.  Nothing new with that.





What IS new is that I photographed the boys with my new Canon f/1.4 50mm lens.  And just this lens.


If you are used to using a zoom lens, you typically don’t move closer or back.  With a 50mm prime lens, your feet are your zoom.  

It’s a new feeling and a great feeling.

My impression is I love the low light capabilities of this sharp lens.  I photographed from around 1600 to 2000 ISO, aperture priority, wide open at f/1.4.  If you like bokeh (the background out of focus), you will love this lens!


I highly recommend a prime like this for low light and club photography.  

One more thing...  I found another shot I took of Charlie on the fiddle.  I took this back in April at Country Thunder in Florence, Arizona. 




Until My Next Adventure,

See You On Down the Road!


Photos from Flickr ... and, here are all the keeper photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.