Sunday, February 26, 2012

Carefree Arizona's Native American Fine Art, Craft & Entertainment Festival

This was a lovely day in Carefree, Arizona... Sunday 19 February 2012.  The draw for me was the Native American hoop dancing!  And what dancers we saw today.  I was lucky enough to have a front row seat, but there were challenges.


The people were GREAT.  The two shows I saw were fascinating.  You can learn more about the dancers here.


I used my Canon 7D and one lens:  the Canon 28-135mm, which gave me sufficient reach and speed for action that pretty much stayed in front of me.


As I teach and have been taught, ALWAYS look at the total photo composition.  Look not only at your subject, but your background!  On a few of the images, I had a #$%$ lousy yellow yield sign visible.  Now, many ask me how often I used Photoshop.  Not often, but when I do it is to "fix" little problems like that.  What I did on one of the shots was to add a bit of blur to the background in Photoshop, then return back to Lightroom, which I use about 95 percent of the time.


Lightroom or Photoshop?  No.  Lightroom is a MUST have used WITH Photoshop!  In fact, many pros tell me they use Lightroom and Photoshop Elements.


You can view more of my images at my Flickr site.


Happy Shooting,


Jim Patterson
http://JamesGordonPatterson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.