Monday, February 19, 2018

Miranda Lambert & Jon Pardi & Lucie Silvas in Phoenix

Miranda Lambert visited Phoenix on 17 February 2018 and brought along Lucie Silvas and Jon Pardi.  Lucie opened the show, followed by Jon.  Personally, I’m a huge Jon Pardi fan.  A few years ago, I went to another event in Phoenix and he played maybe two songs and then left.  I always suspected he got sick.  Then he had a few hits and I had wished he gave us more.  

We were in the far end of the Talking Stick Arena (where the Suns play), squared up with the stage.  Although further away, I like these “end zone” seats because it’s easier to photograph.  

Arena policies normally ban “professional cameras” if you don’t come in with a photographers pass.  Now, define “professional camera.”  These security people have no idea what it is.  So I was prepared.  The security guard looked at my Canon G3x and said “no professional cameras.”  I said, “look… one piece, no removable lens!”  And he told me yeah ok.. and passed me through the gate.  

Take a look at some of the shots I got.  The G3x non-removable lens as the equivalent of a 24-600mm lens!  And some of these photos I took with 10,000 ISO.  Not long ago 10,000 ISO would mean HEAVY GRAIN, but not now.  I also post processed the photos using Lightroom.  By the way, I love the new dehaze feature in Lightroom.  

Until My Next Adventure,
(Canon Photowalk at the Pima Air Museum in Tucson, courtesy of Tempe Camera!)
See You On Down the Road!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.