Monday, July 17, 2017

My New Canon 50mm Lens Shooting in a Club


Starting from Country Thunder, I’ve photographed Tom Wagner and his band several times.  Nothing new with that.





What IS new is that I photographed the boys with my new Canon f/1.4 50mm lens.  And just this lens.


If you are used to using a zoom lens, you typically don’t move closer or back.  With a 50mm prime lens, your feet are your zoom.  

It’s a new feeling and a great feeling.

My impression is I love the low light capabilities of this sharp lens.  I photographed from around 1600 to 2000 ISO, aperture priority, wide open at f/1.4.  If you like bokeh (the background out of focus), you will love this lens!


I highly recommend a prime like this for low light and club photography.  


Until My Next Adventure,

See You On Down the Road!


Photos from Flickr ... and, here are all the keeper photos!