Sunday, December 23, 2018

Phoenix ZooLights December 2018



22 December 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona.  It’s cool in the 50s and it looks like a perfect night to go to Phoenix ZooLights.  

I recently acquired a new Canon EOS R with the new RF 24-105mm lens and thought this would be a great way for me to get comfortable with the new camera.

It’s a smaller camera than the Canon 5D Mark IV and weighs less.  All good things for me.  I carry the camera with a Black Rapids strap and a Joby wrist strap.  

All of the photos I shot were in auto ISO, f/4, hand held.  

I set up the camera for back button focus.  The button on the back of the camera is in a slightly different place than it was on the 5D Mark IV, so that took some time to get used to.  There is a new multi-function bar on the back of the camera and I’m trying to figure out if I can use that for back button focus.  Otherwise, I’m going to turn it off.  

One additional thing I discovered is to go into the menu and turn on the econo mode to save battery power.  

The auto focus worked fast and effectively.  

All-in-all, I am quite happy with the EOS R.  

Until My Next Adventure,
See You On Down the Road!



And, all the photos!



Photoblog Addendum!

I had so much fun with my new Canon EOS R that I thought it would be a good idea to photograph the Christmas lights in my own Adobe Highlands neighborhood in Phoenix.

One thing I noticed was how easy it was to autofocus in dark conditions.  This was later confirmed by a few articles I read that said the EOS R was one of the best in autofocus when it was dark.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.