Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Turf Paradise With the Tamron 150-600mm


7 Horse Wins and Costs Me Money 



President’s Day at Turf Paradise.  Was I there to bet on the ponies?  Drink beer and eat hot dogs?  Or, test out my new Tamron 150-600mm lens?  How about all of the above!  The betting?  I got skunked. A few beers and hot dogs and I’m happy.  Now on to the testing of the new Tamron lens.
                


Last Stretch Near Finish Line!

This lens replaced my Tamron 200-500mm.  I tried the new lens with and without a monopod.  The lens is heavy, but not so heavy you can’t use it handheld.  I tried to take most shots at at least 1/600th of a second if not somewhat faster.  Overall, I was pleased with the results.  I could have also tried using the Tamron 2x extender with this lens, but of course I’d lose two or more stops of light. The good news is I shoot with the Canon 5D Mark III and I shot at 400-800 ISO with pretty good results.  Just a few years ago, there was no way a person could shoot with this lens without a tripod, but lenses and camera’s ISO sensitivity is vastly improved.
      
Real or Plastic?

One fellow at the race track told me about two owls… “do you like to photograph birds?” He asked.. so I looked through the lens and… they were fake plastic owls.  But this guy kept at me that they were real and had moved.  I think plastic owls move the more drinks a person has.  Just a guess.  



This will show the reach of the lens at 600mm.  I never noticed the slight haze.  This was hand held, too!  
Far Side of the Track
Until My Next Adventure (rodeo, Santa Fe), 

See You On Down The Road!

Jim Patterson

...and here are all the photos from Turf Paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.