Thursday, May 8, 2014

Fresh Start PVCC Graduation

One of the fun things about being a photographer is taking the opportunity to photograph worthy events in a community.  It’s a way of giving back and practicing your craft for the enjoyment of others. 

On Wednesday 7 May 2014, I photographed the graduation celebration of the Fresh Start Small Business Start-up Program from Paradise Valley Community College.  This certificate program included courses in marketing, management, finance, technology, and general business and is aimed at women who want to become entrepreneurs. 


The event included the graduates sharing a bit about their business ideas.


A bit now on the technical side… I used a Canon 5D Mark III and 600EX-RT flash covered with ¼ color temperature orange since the room was artificially lit.  The small room was so well lit I imagine I could have done without flash and used a higher ISO.  I experimented and could have done that with an ISO of 1600.  My post processing software, as usual, was Lightroom. 


The graduates of the program included…

Laura Aranda, Kimberly Carr, Johnetta Dorsey, Renee Handshy, Sandra Hass, Kathy Maelani Schofield Hernandez, Lakeisha Larry, Joane Novak, Alicia West, and Vickie Williams. 

Those from PVCC included President Paul Dale, Vice President Herman Gonzales, co-founders of the program Dr. Dina Preston-Ortiz and Professor Reyes Medrano, Professor Dominic Bartola, and Jill Schuck. 

Photographers note:  For the group shot above, I used the trick "Close your eyes, I will count 3, 2, 1 OPEN!" That usually results in everybody's eyes open for the shot.  It didn't work this time!  



Until My Next Adventure, 

See You On Down The Road!


See all of my photos from this adventure on Flickr!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.