Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2014 Carefree Arizona Indian Market and Cultural Festival

I photographed, and for the first time took videos, from the 3rd annual Carefree Indian Market and Cultural Festival.  This was the second visit for me.  I was attracted to the fabulous talent on display and the wonderful native costumes.  Plus the native market featured many local and regional artists and food.  I must admit, I bought some things!


This is an event that attracts over 10,000 people over three days in late January.


This year’s feature performer is world-champion hoop dancer Brian Hammill of Native Spirit Productions.

Hammill, his wife, son, and daughter performed Native American dance arrangements to the beat of traditional tribal music.  World-champion hoop dancer, Moontee Sinquah, also performed. Moontee specializes in traditional Hopi songs and dances.


I photographed and did short videos using my Canon 5D Mark III and a Canon 24-105mm lens.  I used Adobe Lightroom for most of the post processing.  On a few of the photos, I “erased” some distracting items using MacPhun’s SnapHealPro program.   I also boosted some color using MacPhun’s Intensify Pro software.  Also with one other photo, I experimented with MacPhun’s Focus 2 software.  This allows you to selectively decide what is and isn’t in focus. 


Next up for me?  I think I have another rodeo left in me, so I'd better take care of that.  But you never know where I will pop up with my camera. 

Keep Shooting; digital is free!

Jim Patterson

Enjoy more photos and some videos I posted on Flickr....

http://thecogentcommunicator.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.