Monday, November 11, 2013

Phoenix Halloween Lighting by Manfrotto

The little ones showed up in force at our north Phoenix home on 31 October 2013.  

I decided to photograph them with my Canon 5D Mark III and for the first time, use the Manfrotto ML360 LED light.  It is pretty light weight with 36 little LED's.  It takes four AAA batteries.  You can also adjust the amount of light with a dial.  And, you can attach it to your camera's hot shoe lengthwise or widthwise.  

I just checked with B&H and they list it at $119.  I'd say an inexpensive way to experiment with LED continuos lights.  

For this, I held the light in my left hand and ran my camera with my right hand.    

It's a pretty bright light I found out and some of the youngsters didn't like having that in their eyes.  I don't think a bounce card would have done much good, but I supposed I could have put an orange jell over the face of it.  

I'd say this light is perfect for video and for doing some of the things you see here.  It would also work nicely for macro photography.  

Also make sure to visit Manfrotto Imagine More for tips and tutorials.

Jim Patterson

Here are more of my photos from Halloween!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.