Monday, October 21, 2013

Jason Aldean Headlines Concert at Ak-Chin Pavilion


Thomas Rhett
Jason Aldean was the headliner at a sold-out concert on Thursday 17 October, 2013 at the Ak-Chin Pavilion in Phoenix.  Joining Jason was Thomas Rhett and Jake Owen

My ears are still ringing!  It was loud in there.  Before I get into the photography, I learned that for next time I will bring a set of ear plugs just in case. 
Part of the crowd

Like many venues, if you are not working as a professional photographer, security will not let you bring in a “professional” camera like my Canon 5D Mark III.  Luckily, I have a small backup camera, the Canon S100, 12 megapixels and more importantly, able to shoot in manual and in RAW format.  Even sitting further back than I’d like I was able to get some nice shots of the acts.  I love the colors and the spectacular lighting of these concerts.  It also helps I enjoy country music.  I suppose if I was getting paid I’d photograph a rock and roll concert, but I truly enjoy country music and the fans, who tend to be the most polite I’ve ever met. 
Jake Owen
Jason Aldean on stage!

My post processing tool was Adobe Lightroom 5.  I cropped, used clarity, and noise reduction on the photos and that was about it. 
Selfie!  Jim and guest Brenna.. happy birthday!

Enjoy my time at the concert!


Check out all of my concert photos below from Flickr….









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.