Monday, January 14, 2013

Cave Creek Balloon Festival 2013

I spent the late afternoon and evening of Saturday 12 January at Rancho Manana golf course in beautiful Cave Creek, Arizona.  The reason was the Fourth Annual Balloon Festival.  The good news is the wind was still to about 5 mph.  The bad news is it was CCCCOLD!!!  One of the coldest weekends I can remember in the Phoenix area as it dipped well below freezing.   There was still a fairly large crowd enjoying the festivities.  One thing I noticed was how hard it is to control a camera wearing gloves.  By the way, this was the last event I’m shooting with the Canon 7D and Tamron 18-270mm lens.  I traded them in for the Canon 5D and a few “L” class lenses and I should have them by Wednesday.  My next photography event will be a Phoenix Coyotes hockey game with my new gear!


Officials said the balloons would light around 6pm, so before then the band Remedy performed and I had a chance to get close and take some photos.  You can learn more about Remedy by going to their Facebook page here.  Nice folks and quite happy to have photos taken.  So it was nice to enjoy a gourmet dinner put on by the Tonto Bar and Grill in Cave Creek while Remedy entertained. 

Sure enough, by 6 pm they started to inflate the balloons. 

Enjoy all of my photos of the balloon festival below.


Keep shooting and stay warm! 






Jim Patterson
http://JamesGordonPatterson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would enjoy knowing what you think... please leave a comment.